Friday, January 14, 2011

A little more clear

Hello world! Nice to see you again. A least a little more clearly than I have in the past week.

I didn't take any pain meds yesterday except for a dose last night to make sure I got some sleep especially since yesterday was borderline torturous between the soreness at the port site, atrocious gas and the worst, burning itchiness that took over my belly! Plus it was my first day all alone. My husband went to work and my bff had to go, well, just be I suppose. Anyway, I disnt feel comfortable at all being that out of my head and not having anyone there if something should go wrong. I'm a huge worry wart, always worrying about the worst case scenario... What if I slip and fall? There's an intruder? I set the house on fire? There's a zombie invasion... Seriously, what if? So no meds for me... My husband got off work early so there was some relief. I felt hungry yesterday, too. Like nothing could satisfy me. I even cheated myself and ate some cornbread crumbs. Im so weak!

Today, I woke up feeling the closest to myself than. Have in a week. Not a lot of pain, gas isn't awful, not overly hungry. I'm glad I have the wherewithal to limit how I take those pain meds. It tastes like shit, but I kinda appreciate the vegetative state it puts me in... Inasmuch as I like it, it's no way to live so limits are good. I only have 5 doses left and id prefer not to have to request an extra refill. I am, however, really happyi took off more time from work than I originally planned.

Initially, I was only gonna take a week but after reading message boards, etc, my dr put me off for two weeks.I don't thinki can imagine going back to work and having to wear real clothes. I've been walking around with sweats pulled below my belly, being as comfortable as possible. All my work clothes are tight, and not all that comfy. I hope next week will be enough for me to feel better enough to go back, but we shall see. I'm getting nervous because I haven't heard from my dr yet and don't know when I get this bandage off... Guess I will call Tuesday if. Don't hear from them today.

I had butternut squash soup mixed w veggie broth for breakfast. I love squash and sweet potato but just do NOT dig the soups! I think I will leave poop colored lentil alone too. Not bad, just not my flavor. Now, the corn soup and tomato/red pepper trader joes and ralphs broccoli and red potato/garlic soups are BOMB. Definitely no problem for me to eat those! I love the potato mixed with turkey brith... So yummy. It tastes like gravy with a little drop of mashed potatoes.. Kinda tastes like thanksgiving!

Clearly, it's lunchtime for me, so ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment